Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Leave of Absence

Today I formally requested a leave of absence from my job. I will not work the rest of the school year. I will work two days this week to finish up my paperwork and then be done. I cried and cried, but I know it is what I need to do. I think that after Friday, which is my last day, I will feel relieved. The hardest part was making the decision final.

Tonight is Young Women in Excellence night. We are looking forward to going. Abby has several things to display.

Caleb's singles branch got a new branch president. I have not met him, but Caleb came over totally enthused after their family home evening where he met him. He has an appointment set up for Sunday and said he likes this guy so much he will start going to church again. I hope this branch president will be able to reach him. I am encouraged and would like to meet the branch president. Noah has been going to FHE with Caleb and the singles branch and enjoys it.

My MRI came back normal. I see the cardiologist again today.

That's about it for now. Annette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that it was such a hard decision to make, but I know you will feel better when you've taken some time for yourself for a bit. I hopeyou enjoy going to the YW program with Abby, and get to feeling more like yourself soon. Love you.

Melinda said...

Every time I read your blog I just want to give you a hug. Consider yourself hugged, since I can't be there to do it personally. I know how tough this was for you, especially having spent time with you in the classroom and seeing how you love it. I'm sorry. Good thing about the MRI, but doesn't it mean they're just going to keep testing and looking? Frustating. We love you and miss you!