Thursday, February 14, 2008

What I learned about being blonde (another post by Abby Hiatt)

I'm sorry to make all of you read yet another post by me but after my recent experiences with after dinner speeches I just had to do a post about it. For my debate class we were recently given the assignment to perform some kind of speech event and I chose an after dinner speech. After dinner speeches are pretty much just what they say they are. You choose an audience in my case I chose the NBA (National Blonde Assosiation) and you get up and speak for 7 minutes as if you were speaking to this audience durring a meeting or gathering of the group you are speaking to. So for my speech I got up and became the geust speaker for the NBA, Barbie. What followed was very interesting I did most of it impromptu style because I hadn't really finished and I geuss I was really good at acting blonde because eveyone loved it. So many people asked if I was planning on performing it for the next tournment no one noticed I had just made it up as I went, I am either really good at acting or much more blonde than I thought I was. Either way according to my deate coach I showed a side of myself she had never seen before and I'm still trying to figure out if thats a bad thing or a good thing. Well I geuss I better stop now before everyone reading this dies of boredom. I just wanted to show you guys a little peice of my unexciting life and tell you a bit more aout something I love to do. So I hope you enjoyed my little tidbit on speech and debate.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That's awesome, Abby! It's fun when I see you post, too. And I'm curious...what were at least the highlights of the speech?

Stephanie said...

That's fun to see that you enjoy speech and debate. I was in a speech class and a public speaking contest in high school and won several levels, up to district or something. I also took a speech and debate class in college. Keep it up, language skills are so important.

Sarah said...

Abby, your life isn't boring and unexciting. We all love hearing about what you're doing. And I think that if everyone loved your speech then you probably are really good...it sounds like your teachers comment was a compliment. I'm glad you've been able to find things that you enjoy that you are good at.