Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's been a long time

I have no pictures to post. I gave my camera to Abby and she gave hers to Caleb. I still need to go find the one I want. It just has to be little enough to slide in my purse. 

So much has happened! 

We had our family reunion. It was a huge success! Everyone was able to come. We are looking forward to the next one in two years. I hope everyone saves their pennies so they can all make it again. 

Mike had the opportunity to help Rachel drive back to Ohio after the reunion. They had a great time and it was so good for him to be able to enjoy the grandchildren. 

I went to Mark and LaNita's for a visit twice this summer. Once by myself and once with my sisters. I was really happy to be able to be there.

Caleb moved to Wyoming in July. I miss him but hope he is successful in his efforts to get his degree.

We have Selina Torkler living with us for the school year. We picked her up last Saturday. She is an exchange student from Germany. We just love her already. She will be 17 on August 26th. She and Abby will be in the same grade- juniors. This week she and Abby are attending EFY at BYU-I. Selina is not LDS but she wanted to go anyway. We hope they have a great time.

Sarah is coming today. She will be here two weeks. We are very excited to have her visit. We some fun things planned. I will get my camera and be sure to post pictures.

On a sadder note, Jared and Amanda are getting divorced. We feel badly about this, but we hope for the best for everyone. 

Last week we (Mike and I, Noah, Abby and Selina) went on a trip to Yellowstone National Park. We saw Old Faithful and other great scenic things. After the park we went to dinner at the Canyon Street Grill in West Yellowstone and then went to the Playmill Theater to see the play Guys and Dolls. It was great. We had a wonderful time.

It has been a busy summer and I can't begin to remember all the things we have done. I will try to update more regularly. I always think I have nothing to say or nothing anyone would want to read. I just need an attitude adjustment.



3 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

Glad to see you back! I'm excited for you with Selina being there and am excited to meet her! Please keep posting - it's all the little things that happen daily that make up our lives. Love you!

Rachel Holloway said...

about fell off my chair when I saw you had posted...

Thanks for the updates. Even though I knew all those things, it was still fun to read. I always love hearing from you...
please post pictures soon. WISH I could be there with you guys...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your reunion went well; those are always so much fun! It's sad to hear about Jared and Amanda, though. That sort of thing is just rough on everyone...